Oma blogiluettelo

sunnuntai 31. lokakuuta 2010

News from Marion Island


 

Need QSL cards? I support KB3IFH Randy: www.kb3ifh.homestead.com

ZS8M will be partially QRT until end of Nov 2010; our team is moving to the new base.
I hope to operate for short periods during this time. 73 de Pierre

*CLICK HERE FOR ZS8M WEB PAGE AND ONLINE LOG
 * Please QSL to this address only:
   ZS8M, P.O BOX 151, Worcester, 6850, South Africa.
Please honour me with your QSL card.
NOTE:   There is roughly a 3 months backlog in processing the cards.  Your patience will be appreciated.
All QSL related enquiries to be addressed to my QSL Manager ZS1X Dirk: zs1x@iburst.co.za
Approx operating times: Reduced operating times during to construction and installation work until end of November.
Week days:
   03:00 to 05:00z on 40m,
   14:00z; 40 to 10m, subject to QRM and propagation
Weekends:
   03:00z till late depending on propagation
Operating etiquette:
  Be considerate to other operators,
  The more QRM you create, the less chance I get to secure a QSO, the more you will irritate other operators,
  Do NOT call repeatedly when you can not hear the other station; you are causing QRM,
  If you have worked me on a certain HF band, please give someone else the chance to work me,
  Respect yourself and other operators,
  Read before you decide to operate, read the following: www.dx-code.org
  Thank you for your co-operation


 I will be naming those who are found to be anti-DX friendly they will be removed from the log and published.
Log Book Scams:
1.  Israel: 4Z5AX, 4Z5IX, 4Z5KO, 4Z5PT and 4Z5LU; same operator
2.  Croatia: 9A2N, 9A2TE, 9A2C and 9A2YY; same operator
3.  Ukraine: US5CB / UR4CWQ / UT1CZ; same operator
QRMers and bad operating etiquette:
1.  Belgiun operator removed after consultation and he apologised.
2.  I5REA

Proud of your station? Email me a picture of you at your station and of your antenna system.  Reduce the picture size to about 200kb.
QSL info:
Requesting your QSL card (New QSL Policy):
1.  Donations are welcome and will be appreciated but it is not compulsory.  This can be done via www.paypal.com and sent to zs1hf@telkomsa.net  Please remember to insert all your details so we can track your donation and send your QSL card. 
I have two radio projects: supporting three blind radio amateurs in my home town with equipment and technical support and secondly, assisting my local emcomm group to expand their repeater network and with equipment.
2.  SAE, IRC's or acceptable means to enable us to reply with your QSL card direct or in other cases via the Buro.   QSLing direct to the above mentioned address will ensure you receive your card faster.
3. Please make your IRC's have not expired, or are about to expire within the next 12 months. This just adds delays in processing your card.
*Unfortunately I do not eQSL
I take up the position of radio / electronics technician for a year and will return to South Africa in May 2011. My first priority is to maintain the current communication systems, and move the entire radio room and workshop to the new base
Operating frequencies: currently only 80 to 10m, all subject to propagation and QRM.  Operating will mostly be done mostly after official working hours and weekends.
Operating conditions:
My Dxpedition equipment includes an IC-7000, IC-7200 and dipoles (SteppIR vertical end of November).
             

My new SteppIR BigIR Vertical has arrived but only be installed once the construction team departs end of November 2010.  This team is busy completing the new base and the vertical will only be installed end of November 2011. 
Modes: SSB at this stage. Digital modes much later, if and when I get the time.
NO CW, so please don't request this mode. 
Note: If you require Marion Island, please feel free to contact me on zs1hf@telkomsa.net and I will try to assist you. If you do not get an answer immediately, it means I am out of the office and busy elsewhere on the island.  I will return all emails when I return. 
If you would like to receive the monthly ZS8M News Letter, pictures and stories, please email me. 
Thank you for your interest in ZS8M. See ZS1HF and ZS71SIG for more info.
73, Pierre ZS1HF / ZS8M

Ja erillinen pdf tiedote täältä:


Pertin päiväkirja


Ei kommentteja: